The following information is for physicians and hospital staff only.
To request a transfer, please call 215-590-2160, or dial ext. 4-2160 from inside the Hospital.
- On a recorded telephone line, the communications specialist will obtain basic patient information
- Your call will be directed to an intake coordinating nurse, who will obtain all pertinent clinical data
- The intake coordinator will collaborate with the appropriate medical command physician to review the patient's history, discuss medical management and to determine the mode of transport
- The medical command physician will assist the referring physician and staff in managing the patient's care from the time of referral until the child arrives at Children's Hospital
What we'll need from you
When the transport team arrives, they will need copies of your patient's:
- Medical record
- Laboratory data
- Other pertinent information
What you need to know
- It is not possible to give an exact time of arrival for our emergency transports because many factors — such as weather, traffic, and other acutely ill or injured patients — can affect the process. We will provide you with an estimated time of arrival (ETA).
- Our transport team always tries to accommodate at least one parent. Sometimes it is not possible because of factors beyond our control, such as aircraft weight limitations or space availability. Patient safety comes first but we do our best to keep a parent with the child during this time of need.