All vendors must schedule appointments prior to their visits; unscheduled appointments and drop-in visits are not permitted.
- For appointments with Supply Chain, visit the Contact Us page.
- For appointments with Research Supply Chain, call the Research Contract Manager at 215-590-4661.
Exceptions to appointment scheduling requirement
Appointments are not required for visits such as routine deliveries or pick-ups, including deliveries of office supplies or food products, pick-ups or deliveries by UPS, Federal Express, or courier services and on-site consulting or construction work under a long-term engagement.
Disposable medical product/device/drug recalls
Notify the appropriate department:
- Supply Chain: Manager for Value Analysis & Quality for disposable medical product recalls at 215-873-9575
- Biomedical Engineering for device recalls at 215-590-1782
- Pharmacy for drug recalls at 215-590-3835
The department which stores the recalled products, drugs or devices will provide you with a package pass to remove the items.
After delivery, please take the packing slips with a valid purchase order number to the Receiving Dock and obtain a signature of a receiver to ensure prompt payment.
Importance of registering to work with CHOP
All vendors who visit the Main Hospital and Wood Building must register in order to do or continue doing business with CHOP. In addition, our current vendor access and interaction policies apply to all vendors and address the following:
Appointments, check-in and ID badges
- Appointments are required for all visits to CHOP facilities, except for product/device recalls, emergency deliveries, routing pre-arranged visits for deliveries and on-site project work.
- Vendors are required to check in and receive a visitor ID badge upon arrival at any of the Hospital facilities that are part of the Main Campus (Main Hospital Building, Wood Center and Abramson). When visiting an off-site Hospital facility, vendors are required to comply with the check-in procedures established at such locations.
- Annual vendor badges are given to reps who visit at least once a week.
Authorized and unauthorized areas
- Meetings with CHOP staff at locations other than private offices and conference rooms is strongly discouraged
- Meetings in patient areas should be avoided, except when educational and/or necessary for providing patient care
Limits on vendor activity
- Restrictions on activities and use of Hospital resources to solicit business or disseminate information
Main Hospital Campus
Sign-in stations will be placed in the Main Hospital and Wood Building. Registered vendors will receive an email with information about electronic sign-in.
Please note, parking in the Wood Center garage is reserved for patients and families. Parking is available at numerous public parking lots. For further information, contact the Parking and Transportation department at 215-590-4375, or via email at email@example.com.
Learn more about our Main Campus.
Abramson and Colket Translational Research Buildings
When you schedule an appointment you will be pre-registered, which allows the security staff to process your visit promptly upon arrival. If your name is not on the security list, a research host will need to authorize your visit in person or by telephone with security. Once your visit is approved, you will receive a temporary visitor pass, valid only for the department where you have scheduled an appointment.
To arrange a vendor show in the Abramson Building Lobby or conference room, please contact the Research Contract Manager in Research Supply Chain at 215-590-4661.
Wanamaker and Market Street Buildings
You will be asked to sign in at the security desk and will be issued a temporary visitor pass to be worn at all times while on premise.
Primary Care, Specialty Care and Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Reception staff will verify your appointment and notify the appropriate employee of your arrival.
Learn more about our Primary Care, Specialty Care and Ambulatory Surgery Centers.