You don't have to travel to Philadelphia for advanced radiologic studies. The Pediatric Imaging Center at the Specialty Care Center in King of Prussia is the only freestanding pediatric imaging facility in the tri-state region, bringing the expertise of CHOP Radiology into the community. Child life assistance and on-site radiologist consultation is also available.
Our board-certified pediatric radiologists, neuroradiologists and nuclear medicine physicians — who are part of the physician staff at CHOP’s Main Campus — offer a level of treatment that is unsurpassed.
The following services are available at the Pediatric Imaging Center. Most appointments are available within 48 hours of request; in some cases we can accommodate you the same day.
- Computed tomography (CT)
- General Radiology (X-Ray)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Our Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS) electronically captures, transmits and archives images, enabling your physician to view your child’s images and radiology report from any facility within CHOP’s network. Prior imaging studies performed at either King of Prussia or at Main Campus are immediately available for review and comparison.
- Our state-of-the-art 64-slice multi-detector CT scanner provides improved image quality, high resolution 2-D and 3-D reconstructions and faster imaging times, reducing the need for sedation. All CT protocols have been modified to deliver the lowest possible radiation dose to your child and provide the highest quality imaging available.
- Our advanced 1.5 Tesla MRI protocols are tailored for the evaluation of disease processes unique to children. Special MRI goggles allow children to watch movies during the examination.
- Modern pulsed fluoroscopy equipment is designed specifically for reducing the radiation dose to your child. We use the lowest radiation dose necessary to provide high-quality images.
- High-tech ultrasound imaging is available, which also allows vascular studies to be performed.
- A new dual-head nuclear medicine camera allows us to offer a wide variety of nuclear medicine imaging studies and to perform tomography with 2-D reconstruction.
- In addition to our advanced imaging technology, plain film X-ray is also available.
All images are interpreted on site, before you and your child leave the center. Urgent findings will be called in directly to the referring physician or nurse practitioner. Non-urgent reports are sent by fax or mail within 24 hours of the exam. Your child's physician may also be able to access the results on the protected area of the Children's Hospital Web site for associated referring physicians.
Monday and Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
To make an appointment, please call 215-590-7000.
For more information about the Pediatric Imaging Center, call 215-590-7039 or toll-free, 866-PED-XRAY (866-733-9729).